Thursday, November 02, 2006

Beauty Product of the Week: TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer

What is it? TRESemme's Instant Heat Tamer styling spay promises to "protect hair while heat styling and condition for soft, shiny hair." It is available at places like Ulta and Target for approx. $4.00.

What do you think? As I have noted in the past, I am no expert when it comes to doing hair. As far as I'm concerned, all I should have to do is blow my hair dry and be on my way. Because I dye my hair and dry it daily, my hair tends to be a little dry and frizzy. To combat this, I began using TRESemme's Heat Tamer in hopes of protecting my locks. I spay it on semi-wet hair and then dry as usual. That's it--nothing fancy.

I don't always remember to use this product, and I can tell the difference. When I don't spray my hair, it is messier, dryer in texture, and has more fly-aways. When I remember to use it, my hair is softer, sleeker, and easier to manage. Since I am a blonde, it's hard to tell if this adds shine to my hair. I should try it on my husband's long, dark hair for a shine test (though I don't think he would let me get near him with styling spray and a hair dryer!).

The final verdict? For the same price as a chai tea latte at Starbucks, TRESemme's Instant Heat Tamer is a steal. It really makes a difference on hair that is heat styled. If, like me, you dry your hair on a regular basis, this product is for you. It is easy to use, affordable, pleasantly scented, and (most importantly) does what it's supposed to: protect hair and make it look better. It's a staple in my beauty routine.

1 comment:

Serendipity said...

I SOOOOOO need this! I had my hair colored last week and as usual it feels dryer then normal. Part of that is because of the cut I have I am drying it more often and using my straightener everyday. for $4 how do you go wrong???