Thursday, November 30, 2006

Beauty Product of the Week: Terra Tints

What is it? Terra Tints, from organic beauty company Alba, "will beautifully tint your lips with a natural translucent glow. These unique balms with SPF 18 provide complete sun protection, while jojoba, vitamin E and peppermint soothe, moisturize and refresh for healthy lip care." Available at drugstore.com for $4.50. You can also find them at spas and salons (Western Washington gals, I got mine from InSpa).

What did you think? It's well documented that I am a lipstick junkie. When I saw this--a tinted lip balm--I knew I had to try it. I like that it provides some SPF protection and moisturize while adding a sheer tint to my lips. Terra Tints come in six shades: Blaze, Bloom, Dawn, Garnet, Kona and Sierra. I chose Blaze, a nice, warm red.

Terra Tints goes on like any normal lip balm (Burt's Bees, Chap Stick, etc.) and feels like a lip balm. While wearing Terra Tints, my lips feel moist and tingly, thanks to the peppermint. Some lipsticks can dry lips out, so the moisture and peppermint burst are refreshing. The color is just right--my lips look lightly tinted and healthy, not overly made up. The balm lasts for a few hours and reapplication is a snap.

The final verdict? For less than $5, this product seems to do it all. It makes me feel good and look good. It's a great time saver and is always in my purse (along with a handful of other lip products!). Pick up a tube and try it for yourself!

No comments: