Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Love Your Body Day Today!

My fabulous friend Sara pointed out to me that today is NOW's Love Your Body Day. The Love Your Body campaign is designed to promote a healthy self-image among women. Their philosophy is that no matter what your shape, size, color, or age, you are a beautiful human being.

The campaign is also critical of the media and of cosmetics companies for promoting negative images that make women feel unattractive and inadequate.
As much as I love make up, I can see NOW's point that some of the messages spread by the big companies can make women feel bad about themselves. My personal philosophy about cosmetics is probably less black and white than NOW's. I do not believe that I am "bowing down" to the man in any way, shape, or form by wearing make up, taking care of my skin, or otherwise engaging in stereotypical girly behavior. Look, I have a minor in Women's Studies, but I'm not about to give up my lipstick to prove I am equal to men. That's just not who I am. I'll get into all this in another post!

In honor of Love Your Body Day, here are a few great, pampering products that will help you love yourself for the amazing, intelligent, beautiful and perfectly flawed woman you are:
  • Vanilla Spice Body Butter, $17 from The Body Shop
  • Queen Bee Kit, containing satin eye mask, milk bath, and candle, $30 from Burt's Bees
  • Lemon and Ginger Obsessively Organic Foaming Hand Soap, $7 from Kiss My Face
  • Soothing Aqua Therapy Bath Salts, $27 from Aveda
  • Or click here and pick up a little something to REALLY help you love your body!

1 comment:

sara said...

Thanks for the AD!!!! Youre amazing! HAPPY LOVE YOUR BODY DAY!!!!!!!