Monday, October 23, 2006

I Need YOUR Advice!

Ok, so now that it's officially fall, I have broken out my knitting needles and have started knitting yet again (it's a "cold weather only" type of hobby, in my opinion). I have just one problem: my hands are really dry and my fingers sometimes snag my yarn (yuck!). I don't want to use too much hand cream because it always makes my hands feel oily and it doesn't do wonders to an Alpaca/Silk blend. *Sigh.*

So, I guess what I need to know is this: Do you know of a really good, non-greasy hand cream? If so, leave me a comment--I'm anxious to try it out!

Thanks!

6 comments:

Ally said...

I'm a cold-weather-only yarn slut too! I get super dry hands and LOVE Crabtree and Evelyn's Gardner's Hand Therapy. It smells divine and soaks in nicely.

Kamala said...

BagBalm--you can get it at Wal-mart. They have small tubes for around a dollar to try.

I am knitter in Florida and it is the one product I keep in my knitting bags.

Spaghetti Art Rocks said...

Keihls Unusually Rich But Not At All Greasy Handcream is the BALM... (ok so that was a lil cheesy) but i'm an all season yarn ho AND this stuff works like no other (and it lasts since you only need a drop)... you can pick up the stix & go right after applying it...

if $15's a bit steep or you dont believe me, order just a lip balm... and get a sample of the hand cream (which will last quite awhile), you'll buy it!

Lydia said...

Thanks for all your input! I'm going to have to check a few of these out-I'll let you know what I end up with!

Java Junkie said...

Try Burt's Bees "Baby Bees" Buttermilk Lotion. Love it!

Sam said...

I can swear by the Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector. It works miracles! You can get a sample at the Body Shop free to try if you ask a sales associate. That's how I first got introduced to it, and now I'm hooked and my hands are soft!! The best part is that you only need the smallest amount. It's not greasy and it gets absorbed very nicely.
Try it! :)