With the winter season fast approaching, it's a good time for me to at least be aware of the latest hair trends and how to pull them off. Here they are:
- Long hair is still in. For us mere mortals, that means growing out our tresses, but if you're loaded and a supermodel, that means forking out the cash for extensions. Yup, they're still all the rage...love them or hate them.
- Big hair is H-O-T. Think Jessica Simpson's "sex bump"--lifted roots on the top-back of the head and messy, well-tussled locks falling around the sides and back. Ah, a style even I can pull off!
- Ponytails are always classic. Wear them high and tight or low and loose. They make your look more complete and do wonders for your bone structure. Dressing up a pony with a piece of hair wrapped around the elastic finishes it off even more. What's even better is that a pony can be totally casual or extremely elegant depending on how you pull it off.
- Half-up styles are hip. Pull only half your hair up into a sloppy pony and let the rest fall down naturally. The result is a little softer and more casual than a regular ponytail.
- Chignons can be lifesavers. Quick, soft, low buns are the cousin to the pony, but are a little bit dressier. Again, wear them sloppy or sleek, depending on your mood.