Monday, October 02, 2006

The Eyes Have It

I use an eye cream twice a day every day. Why? Well, I think that by doing so I am preventing dreaded crow's feet. I've also heard that the eyelids don't produce any oils, so you need to use eye cream to keep them well moisturized. That said, I have never noticed my eyelids to be overly dry or flaky. Maybe I'm just buying in to a bunch of hype.

While flaky eyelids haven't really plagued me, there are times when I seem to be carrying a little extra baggage under my eyes. Right now I am battling my first cold in over a year, and I have pathetic, dark circles under my eyes. Plenty of people suffer from this temporary condition and find themselves looking for solutions, myself included. I've scanned the web, and here are some folk remedies. Whether they work or not...well...I guess I'll have to do a little research.

Avoid puffy, dark eyes by:
  • Placing cold, caffeinated tea bags on each eye. The theory is that the caffeine wakes up the skin, reducing the tired appearance of puffy eyes.
  • Covering eyes with cold cucumber slices, an ice pack, or a gel pack.
  • Lightly applying hemorrhoid cream to puffy eyes (gross!). People swear that it helps reduce swelling...on their eyes. Ugh.
  • Using eye creams products that lighten or lift the eye area. I used an tinted eye cream that seems to add some luminosity (is that a word) to my eyes.

Of course, the best way to avoid dark circles and bags is by clean living. Yup, getting enough sleep, enough water, and the right nutrients will do wonders for the eyes, but who can lsqueakyt squeeky clean every day? What's your secret to keeping your eyes de-puffed and bright? Leave me a comment!

1 comment:

mydarkcirclesblog said...

Hi, I have just started a blog that writes about things related to dark circles: the cause of dark circles, home remedies, eye creams reviews and make up tips. It would be wonderful if you can drop by to visit my web site www.mydarkcirclesblog.com to check out the latest information about dark circles. I hope it helps. Thank you.