Thursday, October 26, 2006

Beauty Product of the Week: OPI's Rapid Dry

What is it? OPI's Rapid Dry Top Coat "Dries to a tough, long-lasting, non-yellowing, high-gloss shine in minutes." Available at Trade Secret and Ulta for approx. $7.50.

What do you think? I never get a manicure at a salon because I am too hard on my fingernails. I am also too busy to sit around and wait for my nail polish to dry. When I saw Rapid Dry I figured it would help solve some of my time problems. Admittedly, I was a bit skeptical. I've been doing my nails forever, and I never found a way to cut down the dry time...could this really be the answer? Apparently it is. I use this product every time I paint my nails, on average once a week. It does dry the top coat of polish rather quickly, though you still need to be mindful of your freshly painted nails. I do notice that it doesn't fully dry all layers of polish, but it seems to make nails safe for gentle use after about 5 to 10 minutes.

The final verdict? If you are looking for something that will instantly dry nails 100% of the way, this ain't the product for you! Hell, I don't know if such a product even exists!! Instead, OPI's Rapid Dry speeds up the dry time which, to me, is a god-send. I use this product regularly and with very few complaints. The average life of my at-home paint jobs is about a week. After then, my polish is chipped and uneven, despite the top coat. OPI makes exceptional products well worth their price, and this is no exception.

No comments: