Thursday, October 05, 2006

Beauty Product of the Week: Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System

What is it? According to Olay, the Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel System will "gently resurface skin's texture, activate surface cell renewal, condition skin to leave it feeling soft and smooth, visibly improve skin tone, and diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles." It is available at places like Ulta and Target and costs about $25.00. I've also seen it at Costco for a very reasonable price.

What did you think? The two step system was a snap to use. After washing my face, I applied the orange "derma-crystals" to my skin, massaging it on my face for a while. The derma-crystals are bright orange and gooey, and feel grainy like sugar. After they were good and massaged in, I then applied the clear "activator serum" over the crystals. This is where things got good! The serum made the crystals foam up and produced a wonderfully warm, tingly feeling on my skin. After enjoying the foamy warmth, I rinsed my face and dried off. At first notice, my skin felt amazingly soft and looked very clean. I did notice a tiny bit of redness, probably from the exfoliation from the crystals.

The final verdict? This product left my skin feeling and looking good immediately after the treatment. The next day I noticed my skin still looked pretty good--the color was more even and my skin had a healthy glow about it. Olay recommends using this microdermabrasion and peel system twice a week, but I don't know if that is really necessary for me at this stage in my life. My only complaint is that the crystals and serum are a little sticky and can gum up their packaging a little bit. Apart from that, this seems like a fairly decent product. You get a lot of product for the money, so I would recommend it to anyone wanting to tone up their skin without going out for a facial.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wanted 2 go 4 vichy but as this is my 1st try i'll trust u... olay, im commin! :) thanx 4 ur advice... monika :)