Sunday, October 01, 2006

Beauty Product of the Week: BECCA Glossy Lip Tint

What is it? According to BECCA, this lip gloss "is a sexy, heavy duty, translucent gloss that makes the lips look full and youthful. Each swipe of the easy to use wand conditions the lips with long lasting lacquer-like shine (without feeling sticky)." It is available in over 20 flattering shades and costs $22 at Sephora.

What do you think? I've used my tube of BECCA in Grenadine for about 10 months now and I love it. The tube is easy to find among the 10,000 other tubes of lipstick in my purse--it has a soft, rubbery feel and a funny coin-like circle at the top that make it easy to find by feel alone. The applicator is a little foam wand and is easy to use, even when I am driving and applying gloss at the same time. The color is subtle, but stays on for a good while, especially in comparison to other glosses. It provides a healthy amount of shine but doesn't feel sticky, which is important because there is nothing worse than getting your hair caught in your glossed-up lips. Eeew!

The final verdict? While Lip Venom is my go-to clear lipgloss, I find that I go for my tube of BECCA when I want a little color. It is a great everyday gloss that really lasts and provides just the right amount of color and shine.

No comments: