Thursday, October 19, 2006

Beauty Product of the Weak: Snake Charmer Face Palette

What is it? LORAC's Snake Charmer Face Palette's "exotic, warm, shimmery leather tones will easily take you from day to night. For the queen of the jungle that you are, this ornate, snakeskin, jeweled palette will be sure to impress all and release your animal instincts." In other words, it's a face palette filled with four eyeshadows and a blush. It is available for a limited time at Sephora for $35.

What do you think? The eyeshadow colors in this palette are amazing. Colors include Enchanted Ivory, Mystical Gold, Charming Copper, and Royal Brown. They are flattering and easy to blend. They feel great and don't crease on my lids even after a full 12 hours of wear. I like to use the Royal Brown as an eyeliner and the Charming Copper over the lower half of my lid.


The blush is called Hypnotically Peach, and at first I wasn't too sure of it. It seemed a little bright for me, but it blends into my cheeks nicely and brightens up my face in a way that makes me (at my ripe age of 30) look more youthful. That's always a good thing. The palette is beautifully packaged, though I must say that the Snake Charmer motif is a bit tacky for me. It seems like it belongs with Michael's "Street Safari" look on Project Runway last night .


The Final Verdict? I adore face palettes for some reason. I guess I just like the idea of having all my colors in one handy-dandy place. It's a shame this is a limited edition palette because it's a fabulous little kit and I could easily get hooked! Although I have yet to tame any wild snakes with my Enchanted Ivory eyeshadow, I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a little bit of everyday glamour. LORAC makes great products and this palette is no exception. I say hurry down to Sephora to pick up your Snake Charmer palette before it's too late!

No comments: