Thursday, October 12, 2006

Beauty Product of the Weak: Purity Made Simple


What is it? Purity Made Simple is cosmetics company, Philosophy's one-step facial cleanser. According to Sephora (who named this one of their top sellers of the year), "Philosophy's Purity Made Simple is their very best, high-powered, one-step facial cleanser. It rapidly dissolves dirt and makeup, deep cleans the pores of your skin, plus is pH balanced. Contains sage, chamomile, and carrot infusions." It is available in several different sizes, ranging in price from $10 for 3.5 oz to $32 for 16 oz.

What do you think? I've mentioned this product several times in past entries because I use it every single day. My addiction to this product is all my husband's fault. He bought me a "Make-Up Optional" kit from Philosophy last year that contained Purity. I thought, how good could it be? It's just a face wash, after all. But after going through my 8 oz bottle, I knew I was hooked.

Yes, it is just a facial cleanser, but it fabulous. It's not glitzy, it's not overly perfumed or exciting. But it is creamy and can plough through a full face of make up with ease. It leaves my skin feeling clean, soft, and touchable. I use Purity Made Simple twice daily on my face and neck in place of soap or other harsher (and cheaper) cleansers. I have a bottle in my shower and one by my sink, and I look forward to using it. It makes the habit of washing my face seem more luxurious, more like a ritual than a chore.

The final verdict? Of all the products I use and love, this is the one I cherish the most. I could easily go without Lip Venom. Hell, I could even ditch my Great Lash with some prodding, but I wouldn't give up Purity Made Simple for any other product on the market. I don't mind paying the somewhat hefty price for this item because it's worth every penny. Washing your face and taking care of your skin is the most important step in your beauty regimen. This product will make taking care of your skin a snap. I whole-heartedly recommend Purity Made Simple to everyone out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I swear by this! I never realized i had good skin until I started using this, since then it's been pristine.

^_^ not to mention the bottles last forever, since you need a nickle sized amount tops!