- Avoid the sun. Wear SPF every day, whether it’s sunny out or not. Wear hats and sunglasses when you are out in the sun, especially between 10:00 and 2:00 pm when the sun is at its strongest.
- Don’t smoke. Cigarette smoke robs the skin of its circulation resulting in gray skin that’s prone to wrinkles.
- Treat yourself well. Drinking water, taking vitamins and eating right will help the appearance of your skin. While you’re at it, get enough rest and avoid stress.
- Keep it clean. Wash your face twice a day and avoid bar soaps since they tend to be drying. Moisturize or use your favorite skin care products as needed and do so sparingly.
- Keep your hands to yourself. Try not to pick or scratch at your skin, since doing so can result in scarring or bacterial infection.
- Take it easy. Don’t coat every square inch of your face with a thick layer of cosmetics. Go lightly with your make-up and introduce new products gradually.
- Play it safe. Be sure to clean any make-up applicators and brushes you use on a regular basis.
Remember, your skin is your largest organ, and it’s important to take care of it. I’ll be doing more posts about specific skin issues in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!