Thursday, September 14, 2006

Oi! Again With the Fur!

I just got another email from Jay McCarroll in support of his anti-fur campaign. If you donate $50 or more to the Humane Society Legislative Anti-Fur campaign, you can get a nifty "Let Compassion Be Your Fashion" t-shirt. Here's what he has to say about a scary fur loophole. Tomorrow, I'll be in New York City for my Fashion Week show sponsored by The Humane Society of the United States. It's taken a lot of work to get here, but I'm so proud to be showing my fur-free collection. Today, I'd like to ask you to stand with me and make a strong commitment to help save fur-bearing animals.

Please consider making a gift tday to support the Humane Society Legislative Fund and its efforts to close the "fur-labeling loophole."

What is the fur-labeling loophole? Current law states that designers can put up to $150 of real fur trim on a garment, but not mention fur on the label - even if the fur is dyed or sheared to look fake. And with fur trim being added to so many garments, even the most conscientious consumer may be led to unknowingly purchase real fur.

When you make your gift of $50, you'll also receive a super stylish "Compassion is my Fashion" T-shirt.**

Together, I know we can put an end to cruelty of the fur trade.

Thanks for supporting HSLF, and thanks for your generous gift to help save fur-bearing animals. Peace,

Jay McCarroll

Fur-free fashion designer

No comments: