Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Glammies

Each year Glamour magazine invites its readers to vote on their favorite beauty products available at both drugstores and department stores. If you are a beauty addict like me, be sure to pick up the September issue of Glamour to see which products won their annual “Glammy” awards. Or, save your time and read this post! Here’s a quick overview of a few categories—I’ll even add my faves just for fun:

BEST LIP PRODUCT
Drugstore: Maybelline New York Shiny-Lip Gloss
Department Store: MAC Lipgloss
Kiss and Make-up: Lip Venom by DuWop

BEST FACIAL MOISTURIZER
Drugstore: Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion SPF 15
Department Store: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
Kiss and Make-up: I’ve got to go with the drugstore winner! I use the sensitive skin version of Olay Complete every day without fail.

FAVORITE MASCARA
Drugstore: Maybelline New York Great Lash
Department Store: Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara
Kiss and Make-up: My love for Great Lash is already well documented!

FAVORITE SHAMPOO
Drugstore: John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Shampoo
Department Store: Matrix Sleek Look Smoothing Shampoo
Kiss and Make-up: Suave Professional Sheer Blonde Shampoo. Yes, cheap-ass Suave. It’s great, I promise!

FAVORITE CONDITIONER
Drugstore: Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Conditioner
Department Store: Matrix Sleek Look Smoothing Conditoiner
Kiss and Make-up: Suave Professional Sheer Blonde Conditioner--it’s great for everyday use…trust me! Your wallet will thank me.

FAVORITE FOUNDATION
Drugstore: L’Oreal Paris True March Super Blendable Makeup
Department Store: Bare Escentuals BareMinerals SPF 15
Kiss and Make-up: I’m going with the Bare Escentuals. If you’re still using liquid foundation, try a mineral one instead—its so easy to work with and it does a great job.

What are your favorites? Leave a comment and let me know what products you think should be Glammy winners.

3 comments:

filthpunkdammit said...

im a bare escentuals girl, too. my friends converted me a few months ago. their shit rocks! the bisque concealer & the mineral veil are my favorite cosmetics ever...

for mascara, try lorac "lotta lash" - makes 'em thick and pretty with no clumps. pricey, but worth it. for the cheap stuff, my fave is almay "one-coat" in black/brown.

and for shampoo and conditioner - try avon "advanced techniques body building". get them when avon has 2 for 1 sales - youll save a lot. and if you get on their email list, you get special offers for free shipping + free gifts. adds up to a total bargin!

oh and for lips - i gotta give it to avon again - their youth line "mark" makes THE perfect brown called "mmmm-hmmmm", in their "fresh kiss cool burst" lip color line. i get them on sale for about $3.50 and keep a stash in my makeup drawer.

Lydia said...

thanks fifthpunk! i love avon products--no animal testing, easy to order, etc. i'm dying to try their nail polish that you just stick on. intriguing!

i'll have to try some of the products you mentioned.

Debra said...

This is very helpful...I need make up and have a gift certificate for $250 to the mall---want to get the best thing possible in foundation and mascara. :)