Thursday, September 21, 2006

Beauty Product of the Week: Whitestrips Premium Plus

What is it? Crest Whitestrips Premium Plus are designed to give users a “dazzling whiter smile that lasts for 18 months.” The kit contains enough whitestips for 10 days of use on both the top and bottom teeth.

What did you think? Whitestrips are to be worn twice daily at thirty minute intervals. Basically just little plastic strips with whitening goo on one side, the strips are relatively easy to apply, though I found the bottom teeth to be a little more tricky to properly cover. Once on, the strips are very obvious to the wearer, making things like talking difficult. They’re great to use when you’re in the car driving to work, or doing some other sort of activity that doesn’t require meticulous use of one’s mouth. Strips come off easily, but leave a thick, slimy, weird tasting coat over the teeth. I noticed my teeth getting whiter each time I used them. I also noticed that my teeth were extremely sensitive, almost like I had cavities that needed filling. You’re supposed to wear the strips for 10 days, but I found the pain/sensitivity a little too much to take and stopped the whitening process about half way through.

Final verdict? This is a classic case of no pain, no gain. These suckers DO work, perhaps a little too well. I’ve used other forms of the Crest Whitestrips in the past and did not experience the same degree of sensitivity. Perhaps I should go back to one of the older formulas. If you want white teeth fast, this is the product for you. If you’re a sissy like me, you may want to go with something else.

1 comment:

Fashionista said...

I love your Blog!!

-xxx-

Fashionista