Tuesday, August 01, 2006

When Lipgloss Attacks


A couple of months ago, I found what I thought at the time was a great new lipgloss: C.O. Bigelow's Mentha Lip Tints from Bath and Body Works. It made my lips ultra-shiny. It came in pretty colors. Best of all, it tasted like super-yummy peppermint. Mmm...refreshing! And for the first few days of wearing it, I loved it. My lips seemed sexy, pouty, minty. It was so great I bought three tubes, all different colors.

Then, after a few applications I noticed the tip of the tube was all gunked up with excess gloss. It made the slanted application tip sticky and a little, um, rancid smelling. Yuck! Not at all attractive. At first I just wiped off the extra goo and went about my business. As the gunk continued to gather on the tip, I noticed that the tube design of the gloss made for an increasingly awkward application. Soon I noticed I was unable to apply the gloss without an unpleasant glop of gloss dripping from my lips. It was almost like a mint flavored, slightly tinted blister popped from my mouth and covered my lips with a thick, goopy, sticky layer. Blah!

Now whenever I look in my purse and see those three sad tubes of gloss, I am reminded of my disappointment. Oh the betrayal! I shall never look at tubed lipgloss the same again.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Okay, so i bought this lipgloss the same weekend you did and TOTALLY LOVE IT! Its so unfortunate that this happened to you! Maybe i got the last good tube before they all expired in the bin! :)

Anonymous said...

They're practically trying to give that lipbalm away at B&BW now. It was on sale the other week, and I received a coupon the other day to receive a free tube with any store purchase. So, maybe it really does sucks :).