Sunday, August 27, 2006

In Honor of Tonight's Emmy Awards

The Award for Best Packaging for a Perfume Sample in a Magazine goes to…Cashmere by Donna Karan.

I’m not enamored with the scent, but Donna Karan’s sample of Cashmere in my Allure magazine was ingenious. A small, fold out pamphlet was attached to an ad page with a bit of easy to remove glue. Each page in the pamphlet contains lovely pictures of the products and information about the scent. A price list for each Cashmere item is included. Then, at the end of the pamphlet is a sample of the perfume. It is enclosed by a plastic flap that keeps the scent on a little pad, rather than stinking up the entire magazine. And, when you go to apply the sample, the pad actually feels moist, not dry and powdery like some magazine samples.

While I doubt I will buy the scent, I am thoroughly impressed with the packaging for this sample. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come!

1 comment:

mrsmogul said...

I thought the perfume flaps were really common in mags? Or wait, this one is really special? DAMMIT ! My sis worked for Donna! No more though. I am sad I'm missing the Emmys'!