Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Fall Beauty Trend #2: Re-VAMPed Nails

Do you remember when Chanel’s Vamp nail polish was all the rage? I think it was back in the mid-90s, and everyone and their mother was walking around with beautiful blackish-red nails. I was either still in high school or just out of high school—either way I couldn’t afford a designer nail polish. Instead, I used to make my own custom Vamp by painting few coats of Wet ‘n Wild black polish over a generic red. I was soooo inventive!

Now, those super dark nails are back. Since I’ve always been a Gothy girl, I can’t wait to get all painted up with darker than dark nails. According to the folks at Elle, the best way to wear ebony fingernails is to pair it up with a perfect ebony pedicure. Bring on the fall!

Ebony nail colors to try:

  • Vamp by Chanel (approx. $18)
  • Black Satin by Chanel (approx. $18)
  • Black Onyx by OPI (approx. $7.50)
  • Licorice by Essie (approx. $10)
  • Wicked by Essie (approx. $10)



No comments: