Thursday, July 27, 2006

More than Skin Deep...

Ok, so I am totally a girlie-girl. I like to wear skirts and dresses, I love high heels and shopping, and I would never even think about leaving the house without, at very minumum, a coat of mascara and a swipe of lipgloss.

Yes, I know...it's not very enlightened. I'm helping to add to the rationalization of gender-specific roles in society, but damnit! Make-up makes me feel good. If I'm having a bad day, it somehow seems much healtier to try out a new lipstick rather than popping a pill, taking a swig, whatever. And, apart from the poor little animals in the lab tests (more about that at a later date), who am I hurting?

Don't get me wrong: I firmly believe that too much make-up is a worse crime than no make-up at all. Right or wrong, the way we present ourselves says alot about us and people do judge a book by it's cover. In my humble opinion, if you can make that cover as attractive as possible, you're one step ahead of the game.

No comments: