Monday, July 31, 2006

Laying the Foundation

Ok, I have to say that I have a love/hate relationship with foundation. On one hand, it does even out my blotchy skin, giving me a more uniform appearance. On the other hand, liquid foundation is messy to apply, hard to match to your skin tone, and has the nasty habit of slipping during the day.

There's nothing like going through a really important meeting at work only to notice later that the entire time you've had a weird flesh-colored line running across your cheek. It's kind of like realizing you have parsley stuck in your teeth after you finish a job interview. To quote my co-worker, "it's just all kinds of bad".

So what's a girl to do? Here's what I'm doing: I am trying out the powder foundations I keep seeing everywhere I go. I bought a starter kit from Bare Escentuals containing all sorts of strange powders that are supposed to act as foundation. I've only been trying my experiment for a week, but so far, I must admit that it seems to work. I buff my face with a "Kabuki" brush that has been swirled in a base color, and my red blotches are gone and my skin is more evened out. These Bare Escentuals people might actually be on to something here.

I am going to keep up my experiment with this whole powder foundation thing, and I'll be sure to keep up on my progress reports. Maybe I can ditch the whole liquid foundation act from my beauty routine.

More later...

No comments: