Friday, July 28, 2006

Beauty Product of the Week: Oscar Blandi

What is it? Oscar Blandi's Trattamento D'Alternanza Exfoliating Treatment for hair.

What's it supposed to do? According to Sephora, "This weekly treatment is an invigorating exfoliant for the hair and scalp. It contains jojoba beads to stimulate the hair and scalp, purging impurities, leaving hair shiny and healthy and scalp clean and refreshed. "

What did you think? An exfoliant for your scalp? Hmm...sounds good to me and my poor, neglected, never exfoliated scalp. I read about this in a Sephora catalog and was intrigued. At the store, I went back and forth about whether I should pay $24 for something I knew nothing about. My husband took a sniff of the sample and said (a la Homer Simpson) "Smells like Lemon Poppy Seed scones. Mmm...scones....you have to buy this." Never wanting to disobey my husband, I made the purchase.

I tired this the other day--the directions on the package say it's best to shampoo, then massage the product into the scalp and hair. For best results, they say to wrap your hair in a warm towel and then cover it with a shower cap. Huh? I have long hair and wrapping my hair in a towel and then covering it with a shower cap seemed like a logistic nightmare. I had images of me standing in my bathroom with a huge mound of wet terry cloth suctioned to my head with an ill-fitting piece of elasticized plastic. Not a pretty site. Fearing a potential neck injury, I skipped the towel and opted only for my lovely lime green shower cap.

The results? After keeping the product in my hair for about 15 minutes, I rinsed it out and was immediately hit with a pleasant wave of the afore mentioned lemon poppy seed scone smell. Yum. After blow drying, my hair styled perfectly, had a great feel to it. My blonde locks were shiny and my newly exfoliated scalp was happy. I had a great hair day--something that is rare, indeed.

Final verdict: A keeper! Anything that makes my hair look that good is worth the $24!

1 comment:

sara said...

well this sounds like a "must have"!!!! I do believe I will make that purchase...once i find a job that will support the regular trip to sephora! :)